Thursday, February 18, 2010

D tuning on a soprano ukulele

I've been experimenting today with D tuning... (not detuning)  on my soprano ukulele.  It is actually a whole step up from the more common C tuning.  I don't think I'd ever use the tuning on tenor, but it sounds very sweet and bright on the soprano.  It used to be a lot more common... perhaps that was during the last uke boom in the early 20th Century.  But if I keep playing with other ukers, I'm going to have to either relearn chords or drop back to C.  Time will tell. 

On a different note, Paraclete has finally scraped together packets for distribution to restaurants, clubs, coffee shops, etc.  Yeah, I know it took a long time.  We've been preoccupied with the complications of life.  So what's in that packet?  A nice 8x8 glossy photo montage of Jimi and me with a glimpse of our arsenal in the backdrop; a cd sampling of music from a home recorded practice session, a list of songs that we play, and a short bio. 

I hope we will be performing somewhere soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment